Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Super simple pasta sauce

I found myself in need of some pasta sauce tonight, and everything in my pantry had sugar in it. This is, by no means, a homemade fancy sauce. It's simple, and was created out of basics we had on hand.


2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes (I presume you could chop up some maters, herbs, seasonings, and such and make this yourself instead of using canned, but I'm not that ambitious tonight.)
1 stalk of celery, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, minced (could have gone with 2)
1/4 medium white onion, finely chopped
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 small can of sliced mushrooms
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped

Saute the onion, celery, pepper, garlic, and mushrooms until the onions are translucent (2-3 mins)

Dump in the 2 cans (do not drain!), and simmer for 5-10 minutes.

Serve on top of your fave pasta. I used a Gluten Free linguine tonight.

Voila. Gluten free, vegan, sugar free pasta sauce that's tasty. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment