Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Master Bedroom re-do

I've been living...or sleeping, in this drab bedroom for 5 years. I recently (April 2010) purchased a new bedding set with the intention of painting the room to coordinate. This was my pipe dream. If I had a pretty bedroom I would care enough to keep it clean, right? Yea. We'll see how that works out.

It took me 4 months to finally decide on a color. And it ended up being a Facebook poll that got me to this point. My room has been a nearly white eggshell and I have hated it. I normally decorate with earth tones. Deep reds, olive greens, and carmel khaki's have been my staple. I once painted a bathroom yellow. Gross.

So, the 2nd coat is drying and I am anxiously awaiting the time where I can put the furniture in place and decide if this new color will make my room a sanctuary or a headache that I will likely live with for the next 5 years.

I have frames I need to get photos printed for, and dusty old candle sconces to clean up. Once I get the room together I'll be posting the before and after photos. I'm really hoping I like the color! I think I do.

Pics will be posted here shortly!

Update: Before and Afters!





I didn't hang the frame on the floor or the frame on top of the chest of drawers yet. Trying to plan the layout of those. I'm thinking the collage above the chest and the frame on the sliver of a wall it leans upon, but then I would need to find a new home for my mirror on that wall. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment