Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 7 of 21 day cleanse

I made it. 1 week is behind me. 2 more weeks to go on my cleanse. I'm pretty happy with that! I tried a new product tonight, a gluten free pasta. Let me say that we have tried many gluten free pastas when my boys were on a gluten free/casein free diet, and they were all pretty gross, in my opinion. Tonights pasta...I swear to you, honest to goodness, I would never have known it was gluten free. Never. It was so good! It's quite pricey, but for the occasional pasta craving I think it is managable.

It's made by Schar, and we tried the Fuscilli style. I purchased it at Meijer for around $ 4.50. I know, expensive...but it was worth it to have a little something different! We sauteed mushrooms, onion, garlic, asparagus, and zuchinni in EVOO and 2 tbsp vegan butter. It was quite tastey!

Day 1 I was at 182.2
Day 7 I am at 177.4

I hate to weigh in. That fear that I will look down and see that I've gained weight again is still there. I hope at the end of this I will be able to no longer obsess about the number, and just enjoy the healthy changes I've made in my life and how great it feels to be on a better path.

Breakfast: Rice cake w/2 TBSP natural PB & 1 TBSP Sugar Free jam, banana, 1/2 cup decaf coffee. Never did I think I'd see the day I'd actually crave PB & J, and especially at breakfast, but it was so good!


Lunch: Tahini hummus, corn chips, water

pm snack: Rice cake w/2 TBSP natural PB & 1 TBSP Sugar Free jam

Dinner: Gluten Free pasta w/sauteed zucchini, red onion, garlic, asparagus, and button mushrooms. YUM! Water to drink, and SF pink lemonade after the water.

It's been a good day. I cannot complain. I feel satisfied when I eat, and the limitations actually make it easier for me to decide to eat, and what to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment