© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Angry Birds Don't Smoke

I have been trying to find ANYTHING that will help me work through the cravings. Everyone keeps telling me to suck on this, and chew on that and honestly the more things people suggest the more I want to punch someone in the face. I mean...this isn't the 1st time in 20 years I have tried this people! It's not for a lack of ideas or methods that I continued to smoke. It's really freaking painful and hard and PAINFUL!!!

I have this severe anxiety like...I have to be doing something ALL.THE.TIME. , which is bad because it is already my nature to GO-GO-GO to a point beyond realistic expectations. Right now I am thinking about how unbelievably painful it must be to try and quit crack, or meth, or any serious narcotic. I cannot imagine and I am so thankful that I never tried any of those things what with my highly addictive personality and all, I'd probably be dead by now.

All over the place here...sorry but the worst side effect is that I cannot focus on anything for more than a few seconds right now...

I discovered Angry Birds , a video game app that I was able to download to my EVO for free. I didn't get what all of the hoopla was about when I downloaded it last year. I still don't get it. Why do people enjoy this stuff like mindless drones? They must need to escape reality or something...this game is dumb!

What I DO get is the distraction! (you launch birds at pigs to squash them in this game) I do not like video games. I do not like Facebook quizzes, nor do I like any other "game" type of activity.

I don't know why, but I really am enjoying this angry birds app. Maybe it's because those damn pigs make me angry and then I forget that I was angry because I wanted to smoke and instead am just angry because the pigs are still alive. Hahaha. I don't know. Whatever it is...it's working.

So...I don't have the patch, or the gum to thank for helping me past to get passed the cravings. I have the angry birds...a video game...an activity that I am normally very much against wasting my time on.

Thank You, Angry Birds, for helping me keep the anger alive with the delusions that I'm angry at pigs instead of my cigarette withdrawals.

No comments:

Post a Comment