© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/2

Today is the 2nd day of the new year. I've made it 36 hours without a cigarette and I haven't inflicted bodily harm onto another being yet so this is good progress. At some point I am going to have to stop thinking about that because that just makes it more difficult.

Quitting smoking is the most difficult thing I have ever done. I'd seriously give birth over this process!

I think that people don't understand how physically difficult quitting is. There is a reason why quitter never quit. Haha!

In the past 36 hours I have experienced nausea, hot flashes, bodily aches and pains, difficult breathing, coughing, lots of expectorating of phlegm, and so on.

I feel panic, anxiety, and depression. I've been crying, and sad, and I feel like I am being forced to do something that I don't want to do....which I am in a way...I really want to quit, but I really will miss smoking. A lot. It relaxed me. It gave me a boost of energy. It was there for me when I was pissed. It was such a part of my daily routine that I don't know what to do with myself and all of this free time now.

I suppose that is enough bitching for today. I did great on my eating...other than the 1,000 calorie Taco Bell lunch I crammed down as I tried to stuff down my craving for a cigarette.

Have a nice night loves

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could do the patch. It makes me ill. Last year my Dr. told me to do the stage 3 patch (lower dose) and it still made me shake like crazy and made me have bad nausea. I've got lots of gum and mints!

    ReplyDelete