Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is up with the dishes?

I think I may very well have lost my mind! I know my hubs did dishes last night, which was nice considering I cooked dinner. :) I know I did a load of dishes this morning while I cooked a batch of 36 pancakes...so I wouldn't have to make more for a few days. Here I sit with a sink full of dishes, and I haven't even prepared lunch yet. What. The. Heck?

Seriously, where do these dishes come from? I think there may be a dish fairy playing pranks on me. I've considered labeling the kids plates to see who is using plates like they change clothes, but I seriosuly doubt tey would use their own plate. They're smart like that...at least they think they can pull one over on me. They should know by now I catch them every. single. time!

I wish sometimes I could care less for the environment, be lazy and just use paper plates and throw away cups. We barely make it to recycle day as it is with our 96 gallon recycle cart. That alone is embarrasing wnough for me. Even with composting, and eating lots of fresh produce, we still seem to have more "trash" than any family of 6 should.

I'm thinking about making the kids eat finger foods for the rest of the summer. Perhaps skip the plate when they are having a sandwhich and just placing it on a napkin...or maybe even buy some cloth napkins to use instead of plates for lunch.

I don't know what the solution is yet, but this is seriously out of hand! I can't be washing dishes 3-5 times a day. My hands cannot handle all of that soaking. They will surely fall off!

How about you? How do YOU minimize yor workload in the kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment