Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mid-June in my garden

Todays "To do" list included "spend some time admiring the gardens", and thanks to Liz over at Eternal Lizdom I found my inspiration to get 'er done! I'm going to piggy back of of Liz's "Green thumb" post because I love taking pictures of nature!




We built 4 new raised beds this year, and they are all doing well. Very well.

I have tomato plants up to my chin! There are tons of Heirlooms and many brandywines that are getting big!


 





My squash has grown so large that they are squashing each other! I don't know what to do. Not sure if I should move some plants around of leave well enough alone. They seem happy where they are living, and I figure nature knows what it's doing. If they start to show signs of unhappiness I will revisit the idea of moving them.

We didn't plan to plant green beans this year, but I had a change of heart, and started some seeds a few weeks ago. They are looking great!

The wild strawberries have been very much appreciated by the birds! 

The eggplant has been eated alive by flea beetles, but the blooms look strong and pretty!
The butterfly garden is holding up well through these strong storms. My asters, lantana, cone flowers, and the hummingbird plant that I cannot seem to remember the name of, all have been blooing and looking so pretty. The milk weed...it hasn't done anything. It looks healthy, but not sure what it should look like, if or when it blooms. This photo doesn't seem to show any of the blooms, but I was in a hurry to get inside before the gloom hit!

I hope you enjoyed a sneak peek into some of our plantings. I may share more another day. There were just too many photos to use in one blog. I thought any more might be a bit excessive. :) 

 


3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely! I wish mine looked that good. Couldnt plant till after mothers day and I did not start ahead of time like I should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I'm going to link you in over on my blog, ok?

    My milkweed hasn't changed much. I know they get hugely tall but maybe it's a late summer / fall bloomer/grower?

    I think I might expand into 2 beds next year. We'll see. I'm jealous that you already have tomatoes!! When did you start them (if you went from seed)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I started from seed and they all died. I bought small plants on Mothersday and planted them that day. I bought 3 more plants at the end of May and planted them right away as well. I started my seeds in March but accidentally left them out overnight and they just never recovered. :(

    ReplyDelete