Blog Archive

© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 14, 2010

A great day of firsts

This will be a short one. My knee hurts, my neck hurts, and my thigh hurts. I'm in desperate need of a massage!

I had lots of "firsts" today and each one brought me such a smile that I wanted to share my joy with you. It's amazing how much we take the little things in life for granted, and we really, truly do not even take a second to think about the million little things an able bodied person can do.

Today was the first day since I have been walking without my crutches that I...

*Was able to use a ladder at work!
*Dug some dirt in the landscaping with a shovel. Yay for yard therapy!
*Was able to squat without my foot hurting. Finally!
* Was able to wear shoes with laces...which is how I was able to shovel :)

It's been nice being forced to slow down a bit. I know I keep myself way too busy, and I have enjoyed some precious moments watching my children while I was off of my feet, but boy am I grateful today that I have feet, can walk, and in a few more days to a week maybe I can even run again, even if for only a short distance.

Here's to the little things in life, and to just how precious the little things really are!

Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment