© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Birds and the Bees

I sat out on the deck this morning with my morning cup of coffee and there were birds all around the deck. Big birds, and small birds, and all sizes in between. I remembered that we had a package of stale crackers in the house so I decided to put them out for the birds and had the idea that I'd see how many different birds I could attract an photograph.

I lined the crackers up on the deck rail. Our dogs didn't like this too much. They thought they were getting a treat, as they always do when they hear the crinkle of any sort of food wrapper. I gave the big boy, Ansel, a treat first. If you give the small fry, Max, a treat first he will come back and steal Ansel's. See how he is biting Ansel's ear because he wants to be first? Mean little dog! He's only mean when it comes to food.


The dogs enjoyed their treat and went on about their merry way, doing dog like things in the yard. Rolling and frolicking and all of that, but the birds would not come. Seems these birds have street smarts, and weren't so sure they could trust me. I don't blame them. I look a bit sketchy in the morning.

I was just about to go inside and get to work on the dishes when this little teeny tiny sweat bee decided to drop by on some flowers I have growing in a pot on the deck next to my chair. He didn't seem to care about my presence so I took his picture instead.

I thought it comical that I was looking for the birds and got a bee instead. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment