© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shampoo

You might be asking yourself how the heck can shampoo be complicated? Well, it depends on how capable your sight and hands are! I happen to be blind beyond a bats misfortune, and I have RA so my hands don't work as well as they should.

I have shampoo bottles that sit on the edge of my tub. They are the same size, and shape and look the same. In the shower I cannot wear my glasses so I have to pick up the bottle, which can be challenging with RA, and look closely at the label to see which one is shampoo and which is conditioner.

One morning I had the idea that I should just label the tops to make it easier to identify which is which, and so I did. I took a black permanent marker and wrote an S for shampoo, and a C for conditioner. Now I no longer have to pick up those bottle with my old lady hands to see what I've got, or worse...shampoo my hair with conditioner. So simple!

On a side note, I highly recommend shampoo bottles with a pump. You may not like the cheap shampoo in my photo, but you don't have to! If your shampoo doesn't come with a pump you may be able to purchase a pump to fit your bottles, or just reuse a bottle that does have a pump, filling it with your favorite shampoo. It helps me to not have to pick up these heavy bottles, and it also helps my children to not over use or under use the product. Ever have one of those mornings where you tip the bottle and pour out five times the desired amount of shampoo? Yep. me too! Not anymore since I just pump a squirt for the top of my scalp and a pump for the length of the back.

I hope you enjoyed today's simple tip!

Leticia


No comments:

Post a Comment