© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

1 mile fitness challenge

Our oldest childs Middle School hosted a "1 mile fitness challenge" during today's track meet for 5th graders whom would soon be graduating into the 6th grade as a sort of recruiting exersize. Andrew ran the 2400 today in 9:01. Not a bad score!


Our daughter, Nadine, wants to join the Cross Country team this summer so we decided to take her to run in the meet and see how she liked it.

We met one of her "besties" there so that she could run with Nadine. The girls had a good time, and they did better than us mom's thought they could!



My parents didn't really offer athletics as an option for my brither and I when we grew up. It is one of those things I have on that list...you know, that mental list of things you wished your parents had done differently and you strive to do it better for your own children. I want my children to have a sense of accomplishment. This meet is one of the many ways they learn that they can do great things if they put their minds to it!

Nadine and her bestie, Kalah
The girls and their ribbons for participation

I've been lucky with Nadine. She's enjoyed Cheerleading, Basketball, and running since she was 5 years old. Our oldest loves to run, but wants nothing to do with any sport that involves throwing or catching anything. teehee!

It was fun to watch them run, and I can't wait to see how she does in Cross Country this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment