© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

And so it begins...

or does it really? It really began over a year ago. The clicks started forming, and these kids started labeling each other. I cannot stand grade school politics. It's such a raw, and painful emotion to deal with as a mother. I hurt for my children at times more than I think they hurt. Often times I get worked up over things that are just such a non-issue.

I don't understand why more parents don't encourage empathy and compassion from their children, and why they don't have it themselves when it's needed the most.

I am so grateful to have children who are empathetic. Who don't wish to be friends with just one small group of people. Who wish to include everyone, even when that is sometimes impossible. My children inspire me to be a better person every day. The way they live life, still so new and unburdened, it just makes me realize how precious these little ones lives are.

I hate to see the look of disappointment on their faces, especially when there is something I feel I could have done, or should have done to make it right.

This parenting stuff is like a million joys with a million little heartbreaks in between, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment