© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Herb Garden!

It started out as an odd little spot in our deck that the previous owners may have had veggies in. It was filled with pea gravel and became home to our toddlers sandbox and outdoor toys. We fenced in the side yard to house his growing collection of outdoor goodness and relocated the pea gravel.

I'd been using this space for a planting area to prep my seedlings, and store random gardening stuff since be built the new play area. Upon completing the veg garden I grew weary of staring at the ugly dirt and decided I'd try my hand at herb gardening.
Once I removed all the stuff I had this hole of dirt and thought I should add some more to it. There's a landscaping jungle at the poolside that we plan to remove this summer so I decided to get a head start on destruction and dig out one of the raised beds to steal some dirt.




I filled it in and a friend gave me some starts from many varieties of herbs from her and her mothers garden. I added some pavers that we had just removed from the front landscaping bed and this is what it looks like now. I'm sure I'll add to it here, and there, but for now I am excited to see things grow in this previously dead space of dirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment