© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What is your lifes purpose?

I was watching Master Class...again...on the OWN channel. I have watched episode 1 and 2 six times now. Powerful stuff! One thing that Oprah stresses is that if you do not know what your life's purpose is your #1 priority should be to figure that out, or else you are just roaming aimlessly.

We all know how good I am a roaming...I don't need any help in that department!

I feel like I was closer to knowing what my life's purpose is ten years ago than I am today. I've lost sight of what is real. What is me. I've lost touch with the innermost workings of my very heart and soul.

This is what I do know. I know I was meant to be a mom. Check! I know that the things that bring me the most joy in life, besides my children, are helping others, teaching, creating/crafting, photography, writing, and reading. Whatever my purpose is...it would likely incorporate all of these things. One of the reasons I keep getting drawn back to blogging is because it does cover most of my bases. I just haven't found the right blog yet. I haven't found the one that feels like home and I am certain that this one isn't it either.

Do you know what your life's purpose is? For those who do not believe in this line of thinking, I get that...please respect the fact that I do believe, and love me enough to love me for who I am, please. :)

I have done all that I can do. All that I know how to do. I surrender. I give this up to the universe and ask that whatever my purpose is, that it comes to me whenever I am ready.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I've been contemplating something very similar. Not so much purpose as passion -- though I think they are related. I wish I had an answer. I'm pretty sure what it's NOT. Just need to figure out what it IS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading over some over your posts. I love your honesty. I think you do have at least a partial purpose. You mentioned helping others, teaching, and some of your passions.

    I think helping and teaching others, including your family, and yourself, is one of the greatest things you can do with your life.

    My problem isn't my purpose it's finding a way to accomplish my purpose!

    By the way, my oldest daughter's first name is Dani, but, she usually goes by her middle name Lettie. :) I love that name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, stopping over from Eternal Lizdom. I think you nailed it when you said "when I'm ready. For me, I just have to blindly trust that I'm where I'm supposed to be...even though I don't really like it, but that I will know when it is time to live out my purpose. So in the meantime, we practice, practice, practice.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete