© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 4, 2009

A month without spending?

In an effort to pay off some medical bills I have decided to try out a month of no extras as suggested by Suz Orman. No more picking up a stocking stuffer here or there. No more picking up clearance clothing for next season. No extras!

This is going to be extremely challenging for me because the way I spend is how we save money, but I need to see the savings right now instead of next season, or next holiday.

So, I plan to inventory the pantry today, plan meals around what we have on hand, do all of my shopping at Aldi to discourage impulse buys, clearance racks, and to save $$ on some meats. If I see a meat sale at a Kroger or Marsh I may go there as well since they don't sell clothes, and much in the way of toys, etc.

This is going to be a rough challenge. I plan to blog my daily results if I find there's much to chat about with it.

Wish me (us) luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment