© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I have a few goals that I've set for myself in 2012. I'm hoping that creating this list will give some direction to my days as we enter 2012. I'm not real big on big commitment resolutions but I do well with new year goal setting so here are the things I am set to accomplish in 2012.

For my mind:
Reading goal: I would like to read 12 new books this year. It may not seem like a lot but I am easily distracted and have 4 busy kids so this one is really a challenge. I usually get through 4-6 a year.

Blogging: I'd like to blog 3-5 days a week even if it is just a quick blog with pictures.

For my body:
Weigh loss goal: I want to lose 40 lbs. This would bring me down to my goal weight. I want to be healthy and toned but I work best with a measurable goal that I can see as obtainable.

Running goal: I would like to run 5 days a week. I am going to commit to running 3 days a week as a start. I'm guessing if I stick to 3 a week I will eventually fall back in love with running and work through some of the pain and make it to 5 days a week. I was considering setting a goal for a set number of miles but for now I think just running is all I can ask for. Maybe later on this year I can make mini challenges for lengths and times and such.

Stop biting my nails. After 36 years this will be a huge challenge but I quit smoking in 2011 so surely I can do this in 2012, right?

For my soul:
Meditation: I want to make more efforts to meditate daily. My goal is to keep a meditation book so that I may journal the feelings that wash over me during my morning meditations.

Yoga: My goal is to start every week day off with a morning yoga routine. I think starting off each day more centered will do my spirit a great service.

No comments:

Post a Comment