© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Meatless Monday: White Bean Chili & Cornbread

White Bean Chili & Cornbread

I created this recipe on a whim when I realized that none of my dinners from this weeks menu plan would work without meat. I'll update with pics after I've served it. If it's not good...I will delete it. Ha!

Ingredients:

8 cups water (You could use veg broth for more flavor. I didn't have any)
1 4 oz. can green chili's (chopped, diced, sliced, doesn't matter)
1 cup chopped white onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 chopped green pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp chili pepper
1 cup dry Lima beans
2 cups dry Great Northern beans

Directions:

Pour water into crock pot. Add all ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Test beans for tenderness to ensure cooked through.


Cornbread

Ingredients:

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 box Jiffy Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
1 can creamed corn
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce

Directions:


Combine all ingredients. Pour into bakign dish and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment