© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Meatless Monday's

Last year I pitched the idea of Meatless Monday to my family. I was widely out voted 5 to 1. It kind of bummed me out that they didn't seem to appreciate the fact that I am not that big of a meat fan, much less the many benefits of cutting back on our meat consumption.


Balance.  If there is only one thing I manage to accomplish in my life in 2012 it really needs to be Balance.  


Now...I'm not really sure where I found the idea for Meatless Mondays. I'm sure I heard it somewhere. I recently came across an article about Meatless Monday and I remembered all about my failed attempt to eat less meat.


Well, this is 2012 and it is my year of transformation. I'm the head chef of this joint and I want to participate in meatless Mondays. So, I will prepare a new meatless meal every Monday, and will try to blog it out over on Cheecha's Cookin' page. If my beloved family does not like my cooking they are welcome to prepare themselves a PB&J...another meatless option.


There are many benefits for everyone in eating less meat. If you would like more information you can visit http://www.meatlessmonday.com for more info!

3 comments:

  1. The god thing is that you can make meatless meals and they won't even really notice, I bet. Spaghetti or lasagna can easily be done without meat. Breakfast for dinner. Grilled cheese. And one of the easiest foods for vegetarians? Mexican!

    Maybe make Mondays "International Day" and dive into Mexican, Italian, Indian, Thai dishes which are often meatless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great plan. I have lots of meatless meals here and no one is the wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I LOVE that idea! International day will pull the wool over, for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete