© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 25, 2012

The things you learn at the gym



I was at Zumba class tonight and had a ton of things on my mind. I'd been really torn about some friendships that I had been holding onto as well as some groups that I just felt that I no longer belonged to. I thought that maybe I could just take a step back and avoid participating in the group and see how it went. I knew that this would be too much of a challenge for me.

Here's the thing. Facebook is a wonderful tool when it is used responsibly. If you let it become your whole world you will no doubt find yourself wondering where hours of your day went.

We're buying a new house which will need to be remodeled once we close. We will be moving again. School is starting in 4 weeks. Cross Country season is already underway. Busy, busy, busy, busy.

With 4 kids, a husband, and 2 dogs...my life is pretty full. I don't have enough time in the day as it is. I figure that anything I do beyond the care of myself and my loved ones should really be worthy of my time. It is my most precious commodity, right?

So, as Zumba class ended our instructor said some words about resolutions, and how it is almost half way through 2012 and she asked had any of us obtained our goals. She then said that maybe this isn't for you.

She said if you do something over and over again you get used to it and you stop seeing results that it may be time to find something new to challenge you.

That is precisely what I need to do. I need to separate myself from some groups. I need to take back the time I normally dedicate to these groups. These groups are not helping me achieve my highest heights right now. I need to dedicate that time to something that challenges me. Like relaxing!!!

I will miss my groups, and those mommy wars from time to time but I look forward to the growth that all of that free time may afford me!


No comments:

Post a Comment