© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Go With The Flow

Boy is this a lesson that I need some work on! I used to always say that I am very fluid, and in many areas of life I am. For example...if I want to spend time with someone I couldn't care if it was on the couch watching movies or out for a night, however...if you plan for a night on the town and I get dressed for the occasion I may not be very happy about kicking it on your couch in my little black dress.

This is something I would like to put some focus on. I believe it plays a role in my marital strain as well. I read a post over at Zen Habits this morning about 12 Practical Steps for Learning to Go With the Flow
and it spoke to the morning routine. I am kind of a morning routine zombie. I have to have it my way...or tantrums will ensue. I have to stop that. I have to be more fluid, especially in the morning.

This quote has been a sort of mantra for me lately and i didn't even know this quote was out there but I really like it. I keep telling my bestie that I am just letting nature take it's course in my relationships. I guess I need to apply that to the rest of my life as well.

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Lao-Tzu


Do you find it challenging to go with the flow? Does being like a duck in water come easy to you?

What areas in life do you struggle with letting go of the need to control?

I am going to make a conscious effort to really truly be more fluid and see how it affects my struggling relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment