© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Has the curse been broken?


As I sit here at my desk contemplating the days events, I cannot help but feel a bit silly. After 2 years of bad happenings on Aiden's birthday party day we finally had a year without event. I didn't see it coming, the feeling of fear that stirred in the pit of my stomach yesterday.


After nearly losing Aiden, and thinking I would see my friend be shot in the head, I really needed this year to be different. It had to be. I couldn't handle another traumatic event.


The day went off without a hitch! We had Aiden's party, the family came over, and we just enjoyed the day with the kids. Krista came over with her kiddos after the party and we sat on the deck while the kids played in the back yard.


It's tomorrow now, and I'm feel a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Somehow the curse of Aiden's Birthday party has been broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment