© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

5/10 The adventure of being alive!

It doesn’t interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.
(The Invitation, Oriah Mountain dreamer)

Often times in life we find ourselves taking the "high road". We do the right thing not because it is what our heart desires, but because it's what is right for those we love the most in our lives.

Being selfless is supposed to be honorable. It's supposed to feel good. What are you supposed to do when the right things feels anything but right?

I suppose we have to make sacrifices in our lives for spiritual growth. And for this sacrifice we will find some sort of karmic blessing for this. In the end it's supposed to be worth it. Right?

I heard a friend say that the right decision is usually the hardest one to make. I'm sure she couldn't be more right. If doing right things were easy, we'd all be on the right path!

I want to show my children that sitting with their pain, and suffering through doing the right thing is worth it. That doing good is rewarding, even when you have to sacrifice big things to do so.

I don't know...maybe I am over thinking life, as usual, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Here's to doing the right things in life, and being patient enough to see it come into fruition! I don't know if I am ready to risk looking like a fool for the adventure just yet, but I do hope to get to that place someday. I hear it's complete bliss!

This is my Aiden, climbing a tree (age 2). The one with an adventurous spirit!



No comments:

Post a Comment