© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Goodbye memory!

They say that the memory is the first thing to go. Who's "they"? I don't know...I can't remember! Haha!

In all seriousness though my memory is evading me more and more these days. Some call it mommy brain, and others say it's early onset Alzheimer's. Whatever it is...it's really scary for me!

I've been forgetting to drop off and pick up prescriptions, forgetting school functions, and forgetting to complete my work for my job!

It's very unsettling, but today I came to the realization that I must have way to much going on in life. I'm not so sure that there is an organizational system to keep my life in check anymore. As the kids get older I find myself with more things to do, and remember...and my brain is out of space! My calendar does me no good when I am on the road while it is on my fridge. Using my cell phone alerts doesn't work very well either. Carrying a pocket calendar leads to me needing to duplicate the info on a separate system for mu husband and kids...and then I forget to jot it down on one or the other.

I have a very strong need for order, and control. I need to feel like everything is organized, and just so-so. It's challenging for me to function 'on the fly' and I find that it really affects my anxiety when I do not have things in order.

I'm setting up a new control station this weekend and it will live on our refrigerator until I feel I have regained some sense of control with the family schedule and chores. I have to do something...I feel like I am losing my mind!

What works for you? Do you have a tried and true fail proof system for remembering all of the important daily tasks? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment