© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover day 1


I've been talking about starting the Dave Ramsey TMM for about a year now. I have made futile attempts to borrow the book from other Moms. I wasn't really as motivated as I am today. Yesterday my DS's Meds were changed, and that added $121 to our monthly budget.

So, I signed up for the 7 day free trial, and have completed the baby steps up to savings. We need $700 to move onto the next step.

I plan to sell off my Early American glassware collection to obtain some of that $700, so we can move on.

I wish I had started this at the new year, like I had planned, because we could have had $1000 in savings, and in fact we DID, but have since spent it, and replenished it a few times. But, I can wish in one hand, and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first, right?

We have to learn to leave the savings alone! We don't pull it willy nilly, but we spend that way sometimes, which causes a need to pull savings for other needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment