© U8MyCrayons 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Painting the house

We are painting the rental house to prep for listing it this summer. I am hoping to have it 100% ready when we move out so we don't have to come back for projects here and there. We have a few pieces of siding to replace, and then the scraping, and caulking, and the power washing. It's a lot of work but we will save a ton of money by doing it ourselves.

My goal is to have it done by the end of May. This was the 1st weekend and we got the front 98% completed. We still have 1 trim board to replace, and I need a 2nd coat of paint on the deck.

Here are some pics from this weekend's progress.

This is a close up of the front entry before and after


This is the front of the house near finished!


So, what do you think? I'm pretty happy with it. I may add a few things if time permits. I'd like to do the trim around the garage door in that dark brown and also the window trim or perhaps add shutters to the window to carry out the brown to each side. For now it is greatly improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment